The First International Workshop on
Heterogeneous Computation in Specific Domain Accelerations (HC-SDA 2019)
February 16th, 2019 Washington D.C., USA
Call for Papers
Data are being generated at an unprecedented rate in the IoT era across various applications. How to process the Big Data in a timely manner is a major obstacle we are facing nowadays. The growing diversity and heterogeneity of the hardware platform just added another layer of difficulty on top of a challenging problem. Even though heterogeneous platform such a GPUs, Xeon Phis, and FPGAs, has been widely adopted. However, how to effectively and efficiently utilize different hardware accelerators together to serve one single application remains a challenge for heterogeneous computing researchers.
HC-SDA 2019 seeks original unpublished research on algorithms, models, applications and tools for heterogeneous computing to accelerate the performance, to improve energy efficiency, and to enhance reliability of heterogeneous platforms from edge to cloud and in between. We are particularly interested in heterogeneous computing research employing two or more different types of hardware accelerators.
The topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Microarchitecture design on heterogeneous processor/system combined with emerging memory/storage system (PCM, SSD, etc.)
- Heterogeneous parallel programming paradigms and models.
- Energy efficient parallel accelerating models for heterogeneous platforms.
- Parallel algorithms for heterogeneous and/or hierarchical systems, including many-cores and hardware accelerators (FPGAs, GPUs, Xeon Phis,etc.)
- Heterogeneous computation supports for autonomous vehicle driving, or other applications using artificial intelligent algorithms (e.g. images processing, features recognition, etc.)
- Heterogeneous computing in large-scale datacenter.
- Software engineering implementation on heterogeneous computing.
- Multiple objectives optimization on heterogeneous platforms.
- Task scheduling algorithms on heterogeneous computation, cloud and datacenter platforms.
- Experience of porting parallel software from supercomputers to heterogeneous platforms.
- Fault tolerance of parallel computations on heterogeneous platform.
Submission Guidelines: Interested authors are encouraged to submit unpublished works (up to 6 pages) following the IEEE conference paper format) by the easy-chair system.
The regular submission is Jan. 4th, 2019 extended by Jan. 26th, 2019 , and the notification date is Feb. 5th, 2019 , Camera version submission is Feb. 8th, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact general chairs without hesitation.You can download the Call for Papers in PDF from here.
- Regular Paper Submission: Jan. 4th, 2019 extended by Jan. 26th, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: February 5th, 2019
- Camera Ready Submission: February 8th, 2019
- Workshop: February 16th, 2019 (1:00pm - 5:30pm)
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hcsda2019
- Songwen Pei ,University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chen Liu ,Clarkson University, USA, Email: email@example.com
- Neal N. Xiong, Northeastern State University, USA
- Jean-Luc Gaudiot, University of California, Irvine
- Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University
- Kuan-Ching Li, Providence University
- Christophe Bobda, University of Arkansas, USA
- Yu Chen, State University of New York - Binghamton, USA
- Yuanqing Cheng, Beihang University, China
- Alfredo Goldman, São Paulo University, Brazil
- Gaoqi He, East China Normal University, China
- Liang He, PerceptIn and UNC, USA
- Libo Huang, National University of Defense Technology, China
- Miaoqing Huang, University of Arkansas, USA
- Li Jiang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Linhua Jiang, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China
- Zhanpeng Jin, University of Buffalo, USA
- James E. Stine, Jr., Oklahoma State University, USA
- Myoung-Seo Kim, SK Hynix, Korea
- Tao Li, Nankai University, China
- Haikun, Liu, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Praveen Rao, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
- Danda B. Rawat , Howard University, USA
- Won Woo Ro, Yonsei University, Korea
- Jie Tang, South China University of Technology, China
- Glen Tian, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Yu Wang, Tsinghua University, China
- Xiaochun Ye, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Qiaoyan Yu, University of New Hampshire, USA
- Xiang Yu, PONY.AI, USA
- Stéphane Zuckerman, Université de Cergy-Pontoise, France
Please register from the entrance of the HPCA 2019 main conference page , and look over the related program and schedule. Early registration is really recommendation, and applying for HPCA student travel grants is also a good alternative.
- There are no proceedings to this workshop.However, the selected non-published top-quality papers accepted into the workshop will be invited to submit to the Special Issue on Heterogeneous Computation in Specific Domain Accelerations (HC-SDA),at Future Generation Computing Systems (FGCS), Elsevier.
- The registration of the main conference HPCA-2019 is opening, please visit the Registration link and ask for invitation letter in terms of the regulations of HPCA: http://hpca2019.seas.gwu.edu/registration.html
- If you have any questions, please contact general chairs without hesitation.